Parents & Board
At A Joyful Noise, we provide a vibrant, supportive community for parents offering a variety of opportunities to be involved in your child’s education.
We welcome and encourage parents to become active participants in the early education of their children.
- AJN Parent Board – There are rewarding opportunities to serve our school, make new friends and meet our families. Our Parent Board is another special part of AJN and its community. There are a variety of ways to participate and volunteer your time. Any level of time commitment is welcome and strengthens your connections to A Joyful Noise.
- Room Parents – A unique position that connects parents to their child’s classroom, teachers and families. This position acts as a community builder that extends the classroom fun outside of AJN!
- Family Outreach – Volunteers cook and bake for AJN families during times of celebration, as well as in times of need.
For more information, contact the AJN Board Chairman, email@example.com.
AJN hosts several fundraising opportunities to help support our students and staff:
A Joyful Night: Chicago Royale – Please save the date for our annual, in-person fundraiser on Saturday, November, 4th.
- AJN Give Back Programs – This year we will be partnering with a variety of large & local retailers to give our AJN community exclusive discounts while also giving back to AJN!
- Minted Fundraising Promo Code: "FUNDRAISEJOYFUL" - Details: 20% off Minted orders all year, and 15% of every order placed will be donated back to AJN (be sure to use on holiday cards!)
- Paris312 Discount Code - "JOYFULEVENTS" - 10% off any purchase & 10% goes to AJN (a great spot for party decor)
- Lou Malnati's - use "FUNDAJN21" on your pizza order the first Wednesday of every month and 20% of your order will go back to support AJN! Offer valid at Wilmette, Evanston & Glenview locations.
- Additional retail & restaurant partnerships coming soon!
AJN hosts various social events to help families connect, including:
- Back to School Kick Off: Opening Coffees – Get to know the parents in your child’s class and learn more about our program, curriculum and philosophy at an opening coffee hosted by our AJN Board Chair and our Director, Amy Castino.
- Christmas and Mother’s Day Chapels – We invite families of our Preschool 3s and Junior Kindergarten to join us in celebrating these meaningful holidays. This is an extra special tradition that is not to be missed!
- Birthday Blessings – Birthday blessings are held on the third Friday of every month. During Chapel, our Preschool 3s and Junior Kindergarten students with birthdays during that month receive a special blessing.
- Class Playdates – Room parents plan casual playdates for each class before school starts and at the end of the year, to allow children and parents to get to know each other and create new memories.
- Parent Socials and Family Events – Our school calendar is sprinkled with many fun events including Mom’s Night Out, Dad’s Night Out, social gatherings, shopping events and much more.
We also host Community Events in collaboration with the Alliance for Early Childhood, an organization promoting the growth and development of children from birth to third grade.