Why A Joyful Noise?
Play-Based Curriculum (to develop the Whole Child)
• Based on current research on best practices in early childhood education
• Sparks a lifelong love for learning and school
• Kindergarten preparedness
• Excellent teacher/child ratio
• Provides opportunity to develop gifts and talents individually as well as learn to work within a group
• Nurture development of friendship skills, emotional regulation/empathy and problem solving skills
• Longevity at our school - many have taught at AJN more than 10 years
• Intentional teaching through guided play-based learning
Perfect Play Spaces
• Year-round outdoor play garden for many activities including planting seeds, sledding, riding, climbing and running to name a few
• Indoor play space during inclement weather outfitted with appropriate equipment to enhance gross motor skills
A Christian Based Preschool
• Affiliated with Kenilworth Union Church - Church members and non members are welcome to attend the school
• The school brings an explicit faith dimension to the classroom
• The church and school community consists of families from all over the North Shore
• Both church and school offer opportunities big and small for families to get involved
Responsive Classroom Approach Video
Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning
"If a child doesn't know how to read, we teach."
"If a child doesn't know how to swim, we teach."
"If a child doesn't know how to multiply, we teach."
"If a child doesn't know how to drive, we teach."
"If a child doesn't know how to behave we..... teach?
Why can't we finish the last sentence as automatically as we do the others?
- Tom Herner, NASDE President, Counterpoint 1998 p. 2